Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Halloween Blocks



I don't know about you but I am soooooooooooo in love with Halloween! It's my favorite holiday! (well besides Christmas of course!)
In our family we go all out for Halloween. Seriously! The house gets decorated from head to toe with all sorts of tastefully ghostly decor! From cheese cloth ghosts to vintage modge podged posters. It makes it a real treat to behold.
The greatest part is the big Halloween party at my Mothers house every year! We eat home made scones and chili, dress up, play games, watch movies and catch up. The kids even have fun as they trick or treat around the house to each door while filling their bags with goodies. So, I guess you can say that we are a little obsessed with it, but I don't care! Bring on the Halloween fun!
As the trick or treat day approaches I have decided to post some "oh so cute" and fun crafts we love to do to spook up your home. It will be a delight so take a peek of what's to come!
First we will start out with blocks... pyro style.

Materials:
Blocks of desired size (I got mine at Michaels... cheep)
Fun Halloween paper (enough to cover your blocks)
Mod Podge (I used Matte finish)
Paint brush or foam brush
Black Paint (or whatever Halloween color you wish)
Lighter
Paper towels (one for working mat, one for putting out fire)
Letter Cut Outs of "boo" (or whatever you want)


Step 1 : Paint Your Blocks
Paint your blocks so they are all one color. I painted mine black. :) Easy enough.


Step 2: Cut Cute Paper into Squares

Step 3: Burn Edges
I recommend doing this 3rd step outside with a cup of water handy. The smoke is disgusting. Anywho...
Simply take your lighter, light edges of square and blow out. Pat edge with paper towel and repeat until your edges have a burnt finish.

Step 4: Mod Podge Back and Front
Mod Podge back of cute paper, stick down and repeat on front of paper. Make sure to gently rub out any bubbles making sure the surface is flat.


Let them dry and mod podge your letters on! There you have it! Cute Boo Blocks for a Halloween party! Sounds like fun to me! Happy Scary Making!
Loves~ Rachel

4 comments:

  1. This is very very cute! Do you have a place you buy these blocks in bulk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never mod podged before, I am looking for a beginner project, I think I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I love Mod Podge!
    No Kristen, sadly I don't know where you can find them in bulk. Im looking into it cause Im going to do a few more for gifts. Once I do though Ill let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails