Monday, August 13, 2012

Kindergarten. It starts...



 I have mixed feelings about Kindergarten. 
I think it is because I don't want to let go of this. But I have to. 

My little man is turning five in a couple days! Five! Can we say that again? Five people! Now, I understand that he may not be off to college or I may be freaking out just a little bit, but life as we know it is going to take a big turn come next week! To tell you the truth, I'm not ready for it. I know I'm being selfish, but that is the honest truth. I. Am. Not. Ready. To. Let. Go. (He is super excited and couldn't be happier to go to school!)
Do all Mother's go through this? 
Do all Mother's hearts wish they could hold onto that little boy or girl for forever? 
Do all Mother's wish they could keep their children untainted from the world or protect them from everything that could hurt them?
Do all Mother's have a hard time letting their children go?
I do. 
He is my little boy.
And, I'm sure a piece of my heart will always hold him as that "little boy" forever. 
Even though I may be nervous to turn down this big stretch of "new road," I know it will be a great adventure! 
I know my gentle giant will take on this world and let his light shine! 
I know he will be an example for good.
I know his little brain will come home overflowing with excitement for what he learned that day!
I know he will make great friends. Be silly. Have fun. 
I know he will face challenges and learn to overcome them without me by his side.
I know he is strong enough when I am not. 
And, I think that is all that matters. 
He has to do it. 
He has to learn it.
In order to become all that God has meant for him to be, he has to leap. And I have to let him, however hard that may be to watch. 
Goodness gracious I know he is only five. But, it's the oldest he has ever been and I am learning to let go. 
Maybe in a year or two I'll change my mind. But as for now, be sure to look for me. I'll be the Mommy outside his Kindergarten class frantically waving goodbye to him. With tears in her eyes. Or all over her face. Ya. I'll be "that" Mom. Sorry, but it's true.
How have you dealt with letting go? I'd love to hear some tips. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going through the same thing right now with my little boy. You articulate it so well...word for word, that is how I feel! Sorry no tips on letting go,except for just trying to cherish the 'at home' time you have with your other little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only Momma who goes through this! I'm definitely cherishing the moments I have with my other littles. I even started writing down my Mommy Moments again. All the little things that happen in the day with my guys! :) Loves!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails