Friday, May 7, 2010

Mommy List


"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."- Elder Russel M. Ballard

I have to tell you about my day! It wasn't anything grand, but it was special.
If any of you are like me, you have a million things that cover your To Do list. Work, keep up on neverending laundry, do the dishes, tidy up, pay the bills, care for the children, run errands, do the shopping, cook dinner, kiss the hubby, be crafty, blog (((haha!))) .... well, the list could go on forever!
So I started a new list. A "cute and crazy things my kids did today" list. I had a pen and pad of paper close by to record such events. :)
At the end of my day, my list consisted of:
Hats, chocolate milk, head stuck (lol), store melt down recovered by let him carry his own basket, love, "I luv ooooo mommy!", movie time and snuggles, sweet kisses on my cheek, big helper, put clothes away all by himself, nap time, helped make dinner for a friend, belly laughing with brother.

They were words to remind me of blessings today. As I jotted them down on paper I found myself looking for more sweet moments in the day . It was fun and I barely thought of getting my to do list done. That is mommyhood.

Some times we find ourselves telling our children, "ok, Ill play with you after..." or "just a minute, I need to finish...." or "go outside and play..."

Just take a moment.

Today was different.

I found the beauty in being a Mom. Even if it was just a few precious moments of counting my blessings.




Chocolate kisses! Yes he was giving out chocolate milk mustache kisses for free!

If you look closely at my lil man's cheeks, you'll see where this guy got attacked by the chocolate kissing monster!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to a momma with some darn cute kids! I took your advice and "took a moment" today :)

    ashley {LMM}
    http://littlemissmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Im glad to hear it.... and I think they r pretty cute too! ;) Muah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails